The O2 Sensor E5 Eliminator Kit by SmartMoto replaces the factory oxygen sensor in a motorcycle's exhaust. The kit allows the bike's ECU to bypass the limitations of the oxygen sensor system and use the installed air-fuel map. This results in improved throttle response, smoother power delivery, and more torque available in the low and mid RPMs.
This kit is designed for models that follow the latest emissions standards, such as Euro 4 and Euro 5.
Motorcycle manufacturers install the oxygen sensor system to achieve stoichiometric air-fuel ratio. This is good for emissions but converting a bike for trackdays or off-road use means you need to maximise its performance. However, removing the oxygen sensor system triggers an Fi error.
Modern emissions standards demand more rigorous exhaust monitoring. As a result, bypassing the oxygen sensor system has become more difficult. The new generation of O2 Sensor E5 Eliminator kits by SmartMoto are the most technologically advanced in the market. SmartMoto Complete Sets and SmartMoto Wiring Harness products combine the SmartMoto MicroControl™ as well as the SmartMoto MultiCB™ technologies to bring a small and reliable device which communicates with the motorcycle's ECU to simulate the signals of the standard oxygen sensor. This results in complete removal of the oxygen sensor without encountering any Fi errors or performance issues.
- Improves throttle response, offering smoother power delivery and more torque in the low and mid RPMs
- It supports Fi tuning modifications such as the Power Commander or ECU remapping which require the removal of the oxygen sensor.
- Supplements the installation of aftermarket exhaust systems that do not have an Oxygen sensor port.
- Can be used to replace a malfunctioning Oxygen sensor.
- The kit contains the number of eliminators and exhaust plugs required to bypass the o2 sensor system on one motorcycle.
Installation of this kit is intended for closed circuit competition purposes only. The purchaser of this performance kit acknowledges that it is not intended for street use.